We are a law firm that focuses on business law & corporate ethics.
We help clients reduce their legal and integrity risks by assisting them in strategy, negotiating contracts, building ethics and compliance programs, and providing commercial, legal and in-house and general counsel services.
Before Lex Integra, founder Amee Sandhu spent 15+ years at major engineering and construction companies with roles in legal, commercial & integrity departments, including global head of compliance operations & global head of integrity for the mining sector. She was lead counsel on a multi-billion dollar power project.
We would first learn your business needs and objectives, the relationship between the legal function and the rest of the organization, and then can work directly with your legal team, upper management or business lines.
When working on project teams or reviewing contracts, we would ask: why does this contract, proposal, or opportunity matter to the company? Has the business team already assessed the risks it wants to protect against? What is the best way we can assist?
When working on ethics and compliance mandates, we would ask the level of experience the company has, and what the driving force is to improve. We would assess your program or needs against key markers: Tone from the top, code & policies, risk assessment, training & communications, third party risk, hotlines, etc.
UN SDG COMMITMENT
CONNECT WITH US
Years in business & head office: 2.5 years, Toronto, ON Founder:
• Called to bar (Ontario) 2000. BA, MA, LLB
• Bay street trained and ~20 years in-house & management
• Certifications: ESG Competent Boards, ISO 37001 & CCEP-I
• Frequent speaker: Corporate ethics, ethics & compliance, leadership in law, diversity, resilience, legal basics
Select clients: TSX companies in power and manufacturing sectors & NYSE gold company; quasi-government & Crown corporations; renewable energy & infrastructure companies; IT service providers; start-ups; & professional services firms.
Select current projects: Major equipment supply contract for green energy project (~$200, 000, 000); code of ethics training (design & delivery) for regional conservation authority; anti-bribery program advice to global general counsel in gold & automotive industries; fractional in-house counsel on RFPs for major transit projects.
MAIN AREAS OF EXPERTISE
We offer mining companies practical in-house counsel with a focus on drafting commercial contracts, strategy and negotiations, lead or support to procurement and proposal teams, ethics and compliance programs and general teamwork with operations and management.
We understand that you need:
• experienced in-house lawyers who can support the legal team and know how to work with the business directly
• business law generalists who can work with any function, business division, seniority level, in a practical way
• support on an ad-hoc, project or fractional basis, from an experienced in-house counsel who hit the ground running.
Potential Opportunities with Sponsor Companies
• Fractional, project or ad-hoc in-house counsel support
• Negotiate complex and simple commercial contracts,
either in tandem with your legal counsel, or directly with
operations, including on client or supplier-facing teams
• Template, policy or process improvement or creation
• Assess or improve ethics and compliance programs
• Training: bespoke policy training